Tuesday

Sweater



i've been working on this sweater for about 3 1/2 weeks and i finally finished it yesterday. today is my first day to wear it. i'm very excited about it because i designed this one myself and it turned out how i wanted it too. i recently bought the book The Knitter's Handy Book of Sweater Patterns: Basic Designs in Multiple Sizes & Gauges by ann budd. i was able to use this book to come up with my own pattern. another thing i did when knitting this sweater was to knit both sleeves at the same time. i just cast on two sleeves onto one needle. it was great because i was knitting them at the same time i didn't have the problem of one sleeve longer than the other.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somer - both of the sweaters are fabulous!!
Sue

5:12 PM  
Blogger Short Stop said...

This sweater is awesome! It looks great on you! :)

11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so impressed, Somer. They are fabulous!
Love,
Grandmother

12:25 AM  
Blogger chaps said...

i'm impressed too! by the way, my sis-in-law pointed out your quilting book to me in my den tonight, and I exclaimed that i was a horrible friend and that i had borrowed it about four years ago from you.

3:58 AM  
Blogger Somer said...

laurel just keep the book you borrowed. i don't have the room to sew anymore.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Emily Dykstra said...

This is a very becoming sweater on you. (Did I just say "becoming"??) Nice color and cool scoop neck.

I'm going to have to learn one of these days.

11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay its been a while since I read your blog girl. This is amazing!! You are great at this knitting thing. Im almost scared to ask how you did it! I know you saw my fabulous knitting capabilites, do you think I could ever get to that level??? I heard that you got Oli into this, what did you pay him to do that? Hope your doing well!Crissy

3:07 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Woah, I love it!!!

Just you wait...my knitting skillzzz will be superior before you know it! ;) (but never superior to yours, of course)

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home