Saturday

Alice Springs Chicken



outback steakhouse has this on their menu and this is my version. it is a chicken breast topped with bacon, mushrooms, and cheese and served with a honey mustard dipping sauce. my mom used to make something similar and this is kind of a combination of both. here's the recipe...

thin boneless skinless chicken breasts
cajun seasoning
barbeque sauce
bacon, cooked
sauted mushrooms
grated cheddar cheese
sliced spring onions

Sprinkle the chicken breasts with cajun seasoning and grill. Near the end of the cooking time baste the chicken with the barbeque sauce. Layer the chicken breasts with bacon, mushrooms, and cheddar cheese and then sprinkle them with the spring onions. Place under the broiler until the cheese is melted. Serve with honey mustard dressing.

...recipe for the honey mustard
plain yogurt
yellow mustard
honey

Mix together to taste.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds so good! Gladyou're back. I've missed you. Hi to everyone.
Love,
Grandmother

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Alice Springs Chicken. Thanks for the recipe. So good to chat with you today and see your new hair style. You look great as always.
Love,
Sue

2:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just saw the Francine Rivers book on your side bar. Have you read it? Is it new? I love her writing, but don't think I've read that one.
Sue

2:22 AM  
Blogger Somer said...

Sue, I have read the Francine Rivers book. Usually I really like her stuff, I though this one was only okay.

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I get a chance, I'll read the book and we can compare notes.

By the way - any suggestions for Jodie's birthday? It's coming up SOON.

Sue

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home