Wednesday

Salmon and Mango Salsa

this is my first recipe to try out of my new salmon cookbook. the mango salsa was excellent, however the recipe called for the salmon to be slightly undercooked as it would "cure" in the lime juice of the salsa. i did this, but the salmon was a little undercooked for my liking. the next time i make this i would cook the salmon completely through in the oven and then flake it into the salsa or i would just serve the salsa along side the salmon. the flavors do go really well together. here's the recipe...

from Nick Nairn's Top 100 Salmon Recipes
1 pound salmon fillet, skinned
2 ripe mangos
16 cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
2 green chillis, chopped
4 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
juice of 1 lime
salt and pepper

1. Heat a non-stick frying pan until hot and then cook salmon 2-3 minutes on each side. It will still be pink in the middle. Take it out of the pan and let it cool.

2. Peel and dice the mango. Add the cherry tomatoes, red onion, chillies, cilantro, lime juice, and salt and pepper.

3. Flake the salmon into large pieces and gently fold into the salsa. Divide into bowls and serve.

2 Comments:

Blogger tara said...

This sounds lovely! I adore salmon and mango together, so this may be on my menu soon ... thanks for posting the recipe, so summery and light.

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made this recipe tonight, only I halved it. I will probably have 3 meals from the "half recipe." It's really good.
Hope you are feeling better, Somer.
Love,
Grandmother

12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home