Tuesday

First Day

today was my first day volunteering in the kitchen at cafe forever. i dropped the girls off at school first thing this morning and then drove to the cafe. it took me about an hour to get there in traffic this morning. it is normally about a 20 minute drive. it was a typical first day, figuring out who everybody is, where everything is located, and trying not to ask people to repeat things too many times because i can't understand their accents. i restocked some crisps, chocolate, and baked goods, attended part of staff meeting, loaded, emptied and reloaded the dishwasher, dried dishes, put dishes away, and chopped quite a few vegetables. i think when i go on thursday i might bring my own knives because the ones they have there are not very good and not very sharp.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a typical first day at any job. Good for you to be there. Sounds similar to my first day at the Pregnancy Resource Center...a little confusing. I don't blame you for taking your owns knives. I hate working with dull knives!
Love,
Grandmother

12:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you, Somer. Sounds like a great opportunity to utilize your gifts. I agree about dull knives!
Love,
Sue

2:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home